EH&S Policy Statement
It is the policy of Terra-Gen, LLC (Terra-Gen) and its subsidiaries to operate in a safe and responsible manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors, and customers in support of our vision of “Building a Sustainable Tomorrow”. The continuing compliance with our Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policy is the responsibility of all employees and contractors. This policy will be communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of Terra-Gen and will be made available to the public.
We comply with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, laws, and Terra-Gen customer requirements; understanding that protection of human health, safety, and the environment is foundational to all that we do. Through management and employee leadership and commitment, we all work together to foster a culture that embraces a healthy, safe and compliant work environment.
As a part of our leadership commitment, it is the policy of Terra-Gen and its subsidiaries to:
- Provide a safe work environment for our employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Comply with all EH&S laws, regulations, and company EH&S programs and practices when conducting operations, development, and construction.
- Establish proactive health and safety objectives and promote a positive attitude towards safety for all levels of management and employees.
- Commit appropriate and sufficient resources to protect and support company EH&S efforts.
- Minimize the potential for future liability by sound management of EH&S programs.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors understand that they have the right and
obligation to stop a job/task to prevent an incident from occurring.
- Assure timely and thorough reporting and investigation of all hazard recognition and incidents.
- Regularly review and evaluate EH&S programs, procedures, and practices and look for opportunities to improve.
- Maintain safe and environmentally responsible operations protecting employees, neighbors, and surrounding communities from adverse impacts through our business strategies, functions, and processes.
- Periodically review facilities and operations for improving health, safety, and environmental protection measures.
- Commit to eliminating or controlling all recognized environmental impacts in an efficient and timely manner, emphasizing pollution prevention.
- Commit to eliminating or controlling al recognized environmental impacts in an efficient and timely manner, emphasizing pollution prevention.
- Ensure that all management and employees are made clear that it is a corporate objective that employee health and safety and full compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations is essential to the continued success of Terra-Gen.
All levels of Terra-Gen management are responsible for ensuring that activities under their control are conducted in compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations in addition to any permit requirements; and for ensuring that materials and procedures used in each operation, and any waste product generated, are managed from the standpoint of protecting the environment and the safety and health of our employees.
While each person within the management chain of command is responsible for the EH&S compliance under their supervision, al employees and contractors are responsible for performing their job in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
Terra-Gen is committed to ensuring the health and safety of al our employees, contractors and visitors and to the protection of the environment. For more information on this EH&S Policy and on Terra-Gen’s EH&S programs, please contact your supervisor or the EH&S Department. This policy wil be reviewed and updated annually, and as necessary.